There are many ways you may want to approach this. But what you should do is break it down into manageable chunks. Here is what I think that the successful Real Estate Writer should be writing about to capture the Consumer they want to serve.
60% Real Estate Related – Well that is a big chunk, what do I mean?
- Real Estate Educational Pieces
- Real Estate Success Stories/Client Testimonials
- Market Reports
- Real Estate Opinion
- Buyer Articles
- Seller Articles
- Mortgage Related Articles – this might mean you have a relationship with a Mortgage Professional that writes for you
- Title, Legal, Inspection, Staging and Escrow Related Articles
- Posts about your listings
30% Community Related – These are about the area you serve
- Articles about Schools, Community Centers, Special Places, Shopping and Restaurants
- Articles about your community’s history
- Community Calendars of upcoming events (which just happen to link to your past articles. Hey they are quick and easy and you give yourself link love)
- Fun Community Stuff
- Why you should live in your city
- Spotlight on specific areas
10% Free For all.
- Just for Fun
- When in doubt to a recap post of your favorite posts
- Special Interests you have – Perhaps you volunteer for Special Olympics or The American Cancer Society. Your favorite sports Team or perhaps your hobby…
- Just being a good Citizen of the World
- News events from your area
- About you and your family. A special note, those that live with small children may not want to do this. Each parent can make the decision. There are pros and cons doing so.
- Neat Resources (cleaning gagets, car stuff, great service from a local vendor, etc.)
- Holidays and special world events
1. Real Estate Related - Buyer Article – Importance of Prequalification
2. Community Related - Community Calendar of Upcoming Events
3. Community Related - Spotlight on an area that I am going after FSBO
4. Real Estate Related - Area Market Report for the area I am going after for FSBO
5. Community Related - Why you should live in my community
6. Real Estate Related - Buyer Article – Things to ask a home inspector
7. Real Estate Related - Seller Article – Tips for preparing your home for sale or Facts about a 1031 Exchange
8. Real Estate Related - For Sale By Owner – linking to #3 & #4
9. Real Estate Related - Title, Legal or Escrow Related
10. Free For All - Ways to prepare ahead of time to make thanksgiving less stressful
1. Real Estate Related - Buyer Article – Things you need to apply for a mortgage
2. Real Estate Related - Seller Article – Should you have your home professionally staged
3. Community Related – Something fun about your community
4. Real Estate Related – Client Testimonial
5. Community Related – Write about a local School
6. Real Estate Related - Buyer Article – Packing Ideas
7. Community Related – History of a local important building
8. Real Estate Related – How about writing a profile on a local builder
9. Real Estate Related – Write an article about why you feel now is the time to buy a home in your community.
10. Free For All – Neat tool or resource that members of your community might find useful.