Sunday, July 8, 2007

Happy Birthday Wall Street Journal!

Today I watched CBS News Sunday Morning there was a brief mention of the Wall Street Journal.
I always enjoy reading the Wall Street Journal. When I lived in the Metro New York area and commuted into the city, I made a friend with someone that introduced me to the Wall Street Journal. Initailly, I would pick up the NY Post my friend would pick up the Wall Street Journal.
We would each read our paper and at the end of the train ride, we would swap papers. Most times suggesting the other to read one or two particular articles. After about a month of reading the Journal, I was picking a variety of publications that expanded my views of the world of business.

It was after about a year that he mentioned how excited he was the day I picked up something other than the NY Post. The Wall Street Journal became a staple of my reading. It was a habit that I got out of moving to Florida. I shifted to reading news on the Internet, reading more local material. Everytime I travel though I pick up a copy of the Wall Street Journal...

The Wall Street Journal was what I read the rest of my commute to work. It was a habit that I got out of moving to Florida. I shifted to reading news on the Internet, reading more local material. So Happy Birthday Wall Street Journal! I am most grateful for all that I have learned from you!

No comments: